For Mothers, on Mothers day:)
Did you know celebrations of Mothers Day and Motherhood can be traced back to the ancient Greeks and Romans, who held festivals in honor of the mother goddesses Rhea and Cybele (Greek Goddesses of Mother of the Gods), but the clearest modern precedent for Mother’s Day is the early Christian festival known as “Mothering Sunday.”
Over time the Mothering Sunday tradition shifted into a more secular holiday, and children would present their mothers with flowers and other tokens of appreciation. This custom eventually faded in popularity before merging with the American Mother’s Day in the 1930s and 1940s. We set aside the 2nd Sunday in May to celebrate our Mother’s world wide, as it should be, for all they do.
According to the National Retail Federation, Americans will spend an average of $162.94 on Mom this year, down from a survey high of $168.94 last year. Total spending is expected to reach $19.9 billion. Not to mention the restaurant and Hallmark Card revenue.
We will also gather around our tables or just relax celebrate these great women so now is the time to start enlivening up that kitchen, dining and living room areas. You won’t need to do much. We suggest the following 8 tips to bring that Mothers Day flair to your home:
- Hire someone to wash your windows to let more light in to the areas.Have your Daughter give the kitchen a scouring so it looks brand new.
- Have your spouse put up a nice back splash- or your handy man.
- Have your handy man update your light fixtures if they have that 70’s or 80’s vibe to them.
- Get your son to paint places that need to be painted, touch up areas.
- Use a carpet cleaner service if needed or oil finish wood floors.
- Have your kids dust ceiling fans.
- Your can rearrange your furniture to make it more cozy and inviting. You tell him were to move things.
- Remember it’s your day coming up so milk it!
Have a Happy Mothers Day from all of us at Principal Property Brokers.